SF6 Detection and Electrical Inspections
The FLIR GF306 detects and visualizes SF6 (Sulfur Hexafluoride) and 25 other harmful gases quickly from a safe distance and without the need to interrupt your plant’s production process.
SF6 is a gas used in electrical substations at electric power plants as an insulator in circuit breakers and switchgear. The gas is also used in magnesium production and semiconductor manufacturing. SF6 is harmful to the environment. It has a global warming potential 24,000 times higher than CO2 emissions – more than any other greenhouse gas. Early detection and repair of leaks is a contribution of electric power plants to protect the environment.
- Visualize gas leaks in real time
- Fully calibrated for temperature measurement applications
- Embedded GPS data in reporting
- Inspect without interruption of process
- Considerably reduce inspection time
- Trace leaks to source
- Spot leaks close by or meters away
- Verification of repair
Makes Reporting Easy
Images from FLIR GF-Series infrared cameras are recordable to any off-the-shelf video recorder for easy archiving and documentation.
The FLIR GF306 infrared camera can detect the following gases:
- SF6 (Sulfur Hexafluoride) – 0.026g/hr
- Acetic Acid (C2H4O2)
- Anhydrous Ammonia (NH3)
- Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2)
- Dichlorodifluoromethane “FREON-12” (CCl2F2)
- Ethyl Cyanoacrylate “Superglue” (C6H7NO2)
- Ethylene (C2H4)